Audubon Gutters Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need gutters?
- Gutters add value to your home
- Gutters give the home an appearance of distinction and sophistication
- Gutters control roof runoff, protecting your home’s foundation from erosion damage
- Gutters prevent water damage to exterior walls and basements
How often should I check my gutters?
- You should check your gutters every Spring and Fall for:
- Gutter pulling away from the house.
What are seamless gutters?
- Gutters formed at the jobsite from a continuous piece of metal, cut to the required length
- They aren’t soldered
What is “K” Style?
- Most common gutter profile, also called “Ogee”
- Half round profile is also available
Can I Mix metals (aluminum, steel, and copper) in my gutter systems?
- Mixing metals can cause a “galvanic reaction” between the metals, leading to corrosion and premature component failure; so it’s not recommended.
How much pitch is required for gutter runs?
- Minimum slope of ¼” for every 10’ of gutters
How many downspouts do I need?
- Recommend one downspout per 20’ of gutters. Larger roof areas, pitch of the roof and/or heavy rainfall areas may require more downspouts
What is the difference between A and B elbows?
- A (front) elbows direct water forward or back from the gutter outlet
- B (side) elbows direct water left or right from the gutter outlet
How do I keep my gutters clean?
- See Audubon’s LeafGuard Gutters…A true one-piece debris shedding solution